Workshops & Class Schedules
Next TDP - FTP Training Workshops : ==>
CARIBBEAN & FREE-STYLE DANCES:
- Include all the various cultural, performance and competitive dance styles performed and generally engaged within the caribbean and world dance communities, including contemporary, free-style & street dances, ballroom & latin, afro & indo caribbean and other cultural dance styles.
BALLROOM & Latin Dances - Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
- Training and Assessment Programmes generally follow the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) and the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) syllabus with special focus on the Ballroom-Latin Dances.
CLUB-Latin Dances - Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
- A special blend of Caribbean Flavor, Rhythm and Styling are added to the various CLUB-Latin Dances that transcend the basic levels set by the various certification and assessment bodies, to help students and tutors alike to develop a professional and achievement pathway to their desired goals.
This MDI Vacation Camp is a precursor to the Dance-Fusion, Fast-Track Performance (FTP) and other Tutor Development (TDP) Training Programmes for youths, students, tutors and dance enthusiasts with interests in learning and training for stage performances, competitions and with aspirations for professional development in the respective fields and performance sectors.
Completion of the entire camp curriculum will give participants a head-start to the professional training programmes, competitions and championship events in the coming period.
CARIBBEAN & FREE-STYLE DANCES:
- A special blend of Caribbean Flavor, Rhythm and Styling are added to the various Dance Styles that help students and tutors alike to develop a professional and achievement pathway to their desired goals.
- The programmes include various cultural, performance and competitive dance styles including contemporary, free-style & street dances, ballroom & latin, afro & indo caribbean and other cultural dance styles.
Certification Training Programmes - Performers, Tutors, Trainers & Students can register for programme credits towards Assessment & Certification Programmes (Optional) as well as Dance Studies (Practicum) International Certification (CID) - See more information on CARIBBEAN & LATIN DANCE CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME.
MUSIC & DANCE INTENSIVE (MDI) CAMP
MONDAYs to FRIDAYs: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Ages: 7 – 12 / 13 - 30 (DF 1 – Intro.)
1. SAFE & FULLY SECURE TRAINING ENVIRONMENTS;
2. Highly skilled and experienced tutors, coordinators & staff;
3. Age and gender sensitive activity supervision & coordination:
- MUSICALITY - Intro. to Rhythm, Timing and Music Interpretation;
- DANCE TECHNIQUE - Intro. to various Dance Technique, Styles & Rhythms;
- STAGE PERFORMANCE - Elements of Preparation, Performance & Choreography;
- GROUP & TEAM DYNAMICS - Partnering, Teamwork, Group Syncopation & Synchronization;
- PROFESSIONALISM & DISPOSITION - Professional etiquette, motivation, commitment and execution.
|BALLROOM & LATIN |
- FOCUS SESSIONS:
|Rumba, Waltz & Foxtrot|
|Cha Cha Cha (Int'l.)|
|Swing / Jive / Bounce|
|Samba & Quick-Step|
|BALLROOM-LATIN MIX CLASSES|
- FOCUS SESSIONS:
|Salsa / Mambo / Pachanga / Casino Salsa (Rueda) / Cumbia|
|Rumba / Latin 3-Step & Bachata|
|Merengue & Cha Cha Cha (Am.)|
|Kizomba / Zouk|
|Latin Hustle & Line-Dances|
|CLUB-LATIN MIX DANCE CLASSES|
|DancerSize® Health & Fitness: Zumba / Soca Cardio / Hip-Hop ...|
|CARIBBEAN FREE-STYLE & STREET DANCES|
|Urban (R&B) & Street|
|Ballet - Jazz - Tap|
|Creative & Expression|
|Hip-Hop & Dance-Hall|
|Indo-Caribbean / Bollywood|
|Afro-Caribbean / Cultural Folk|
|TP MUSIC EDUCATION|
|TP Music Production|
|TP PERCUSSION Instruments|
|TP Entertainment Formulation|
- Caribbean Freestyle: Cultural, Hip-Hop & Street Styles (3-6 Dancers);
- Ballroom and Latin: Teams of 2-3 Couples or 4-6 Dancers;
Participants are required to perform a 4 - 5 minutes total dance presentation inclusive of a minimum 3½+ minutes dance performance with all other presentation setup, intro/outro or stage preparation having a maximum duration of 30-40 secs. Participating groups will perform individually for a combination of Judges Assessments and Crowd Appreciation on the following:
- Group or Team Dynamics - Attire & Presentation for Performance Impact;
- Performance Integrity - Styling, Timing & Impact relative to the selected Dance Style;
- Overall Group Presentation - Harmonization, Synchronization, Transitions and Execution.
. . . more details coming soon . . . !
Thanks . . . Please complete the following Members Area & Profile Registration! . . . and CHECK YOUR EMAIL (& Spam Folder) for your Confirmation Receipts!
Caribbean Free-Style & Cultural Dances
Which dance style do you feel most confident performing, choreographing or tutoring?
Ballroom & Latin Dances
Free-Style & Street Dances
Ballet - Jazz - Tap
Ballroom & Latin Dance Styles
Select the Ballroom & Latin Dance Option with the Dance Style That Feel Most Confident Performing?
Salsa / Mambo / Bachata
Rumba / Latin 3-Step
Cha Cha Cha / Merengue
Argentine Tango / Pachanga / Rueda
Kizomba / Zouk / Line Dances
Swing / Jive / Latin-Hustle
Waltz / Samba / Quick-Step
DANCE PROGRAMME REGISTRATION
Register as a STUDENT Member | TUTOR or TRAINER | Associated SCHOOL, GROUP, ORGANIZATION | SPONSOR (Resource or Service Provider).
NEW STUDENTS & COMMUNITY MEMBERS
TUTORS, TRAINERS & PERFORMERS
SCHOOLS, GROUPS, CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
DONORS & SPONSORS including Training Resource & Service Providers.
Tell Us About Your Interests & Goals!
What is your current goal or interest in learning and joining our training programmes?
I'm only interested in learning for Social or Personal Enhancement at this time.
I'm interested in pursuing high-level training for Performance, Competitions and more.
Some Final Details
You're Good To Go . . . Send us your details
Complete the information below and you are good to go:
Confirmation of Your Registration Details
Organization / Member / Participant / Student - Acknowledgement, Disclaimer & Release
- Represent to CALDATT that you the participant or your assignee to the program are in excellent health and physical condition and have no disability or condition that would or should prevent engagement in such activities, or that if deemed necessary, that participation has been approved or so advised by a medical doctor;
- Acknowledge that injury may result from performing exercise routines or engaging in similarly stressful activity;
- Assume the risk of and release and hold CALDATT harmless for any liability for any physical or other injury or harm suffered by the participant during, or as a consequence of participating in, the program or performing such exercise routines or engaging in such other strenuous physical activity and agree that neither CALDATT nor the facility at which the program is being held, nor any other person involved in organizing or conducting the activity shall have any liability or responsibility for any such injury or harm.