Certification Training. . . Certification Training & Coaching Programs . . . !
Caribbean & Free-Style Dances include all the various cultural, performance and competitive dance styles performed and generally engaged within the caribbean and world dance communities, including contemporary, free-style & street dances, ballroom & latin, afro & indo caribbean and other cultural dance styles.
General Certification Levels:
- Level 1 – Students / Achievers. 150+ hrs. (Inclusive of Dance Classes, Rehearsals & Performances.)
- Level 2 – Performers / Competitors 300+ hrs. (Incl. Level 1 Dance Classes, Rehearsals & Performances.)
- Level 3 – Tutors / Professionals 500+ hrs. (Incl. Levels 1-2 Classes, Tutor Coaching & Cert. Training.)
- School Certification Programs 500+ hrs. (Certified Tutors, Tutor Coaching & Certification Training.)
- The school, the teacher and the student are Members of the Respective Organizations.
- Type of dance must be one only, for example – ballet or tango or latin or dance therapy, etc.
- No more than one Certification Level can be completed or awarded in a year.
- Each Level requires at least 150 hours of dance training and practical or performance activities including classes, rehearsals, performances, lectures, coaching & teaching:
e.g.: Assuming 38 working weeks in a year:
4 hours a week x 38 weeks = 152 hours, that is a Level in 1 year
2 hours a week x 38 weeks = 76 hours a year, that is a Level in 2 years
1 hour a week x 38 weeks = 38 hours a year, that is a Level in 4 years.
- Level 1 Graduates can proceed to Level 2 (another 150 hours) then another 200 hours for Level 3 according and in keeping with their prescribed training programs. A student can continue for another 150 hours, for example: Ballet Level 5, Tango Level 2, Dance Therapy Level 3.
- Established Professional and experienced dancers, tutors & other professionals can apply for experiential assessments, which is to be prescribed by the Program Certification Committee, for special credits towards professional certification level achievements. These Special Assessments may include the submission of proven and documented records as well as practical assessment exercises to be fulfilled or completed by applicant(s).
- CID Certification is Global and recognized worldwide by Governments (partners of UNESCO) in more than 170 countries but is yet independent from any influences, interests or links to any particular country.
- CID is a non-profit organization with a long history spanning over 44+ years and is democratically governed by elected officers.
- CID Certifications are valid worldwide and the organization is competent in bringing together top-level specialists encompassing absolutely all forms of dance.
– Uniformity: same for all countries.
– Verification: inquiries and certifications are confirmed and validated by CID.
– Security: certificates are issued centrally by the CID Secretariat.
– Selective: schools, teachers and students are members of the CID.
– Equality: encompasses all forms of dance.
Certification Training Programs – Performers, Tutors, Trainers & Students can register for program credits towards Assessment & Certification Programs (Optional) as well as Dance Studies (Practicum) International Certification (CALDATT / CID – UNESCO).
CLASSIC-Latin Dances – Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
Dance Training, Coaching and Assessment Programs generally follow the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) and the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) syllabi with special focus on the Classic Latin Dances:
– Rumba (Int’l & Amer.), Argentine TANGO;
– Samba, Mambo, Cha Cha Cha (Int’l.);
– Swing / Jive, Latin Line-Dances.
CLUB-Latin Dances – Medal Tests & Class Examinations:
A Special blend of Caribbean Flavor, Rhythm and Styling are added to the various CLUB-Latin Dances, that transcend the basic to advance levels set by the various certification and assessment bodies, to help students and tutors alike to excel to high-performance, professional and an accelerated achievement pathway to their desired goals:
– Merengue, Bachata, Zouk / Kizomba;
– Latin 3-Step, SALSA (On 1 & 2), Pachanga;
– NYC, LA & Cuban Styling SALSA & Rueda;
– Latin Hustle, Cha Cha (Amer./Club-style) and more.